MRA - The Management Association

www.mranet.org
There are newer employer reviews for MRA - The Management Association

Promise a Million - Follow-Through with Nothing

I worked at MRA - The Management Association full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great work/Life balance. Ability to sit in meetings all day and accomplish little. A lot of wonderful people, but not much for a motivated professional to gain.

Cons

There are promises of movement within the company - which never happens. It is a micromanaged organization, filtering from the top down. Everyone tip-toes around the CEO who does not know how to develop and improve the workplace. While preaching and teaching HR and best practices, they need to drink some of their own medicine!

To the top - hire people to do their jobs and trust them to make correct decisions.

8 Other Employee Reviews for MRA - The Management Association (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for....

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association full-time

Pros

I have enjoyed working with MRA for some time now. Everyone is very helpful and support each other as we strive to assist our member companies. The company encourage continuous education of staff and that is something I truly appreciate.

Cons

Not much wiggle room to negotiate vacation coming into the organization. Most of the incoming staff are seasoned professionals and are used to having more than two weeks vacation, so that was a step back.

Think out of the box as much as possible. Continue to encourage community involvement with the staff, which in turn, promotes the organization and its worth to the community.

Working with a lot of diverse and talented HR professionals with varying areas and levels of expertise is invaluable.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association full-time

Pros

The people/employees. There are many good hard working people. Very talented.
    It's not a cut throught environment.
    I personally work with an excellent team.
    There are over 60 lines of business allowing for opportunities in more than one area.
    MRA has been in business for over 100 years. It's been a stable regional organization. Not many organizations have that longevity.
    MRA is looking to expand expertise and is bringing in new talent.
    There's an opportunity to work full time, part time in a number of capacities.

Cons

While there are flexible schedules, benefits such as vacation could be improved upon. Not necessarily a con, but culture is somewhat "old school;" dress policy - men wear ties. That is starting to relax a bit.

Continue to seek innovative and progressive ways to tap market place and service members.

There are newer employer reviews for MRA - The Management Association