MRM

www.mrmworldwide.com
  www.mrmworldwide.com
There are newer employer reviews for MRM

MRM Detroit is the place to be. Work hard and play hard.

Current Employee - Sr. Project Manager in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Sr. Project Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at MRM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you're considering MRM Detroit and reading all the negative reviews from the NYC & San Fran offices, don't let them scare you away. Our office is shaping up to be the flagship MRM office. Over 300 people, fantastic offices in Birmingham, and really interesting/challenging work.

In my opinion, this is the best place in Michigan for digital experience. As with any agency there are elements dysfunction, but we are mostly insulated from the typical advertising drama.

The people are smart and everybody works hard. That said, there also lots of social events and it's a fun atmosphere. It's a very positive place to be and folks are generally happy. I am so happy I decided to join MRM over some of the other Detroit agencies.

Cons

The brand project managers report up to the Account leads, who know little about project management as a discipline. Growing as a project manager has thus proven difficult. I would like to see the office have a true PMO, and more training for the project management team.

Goal-setting and performance reviews are very informal. You really have to take matters into your own hand (Don't wait for your manager to set these things up. It probably won't happen if you aren't proactive.)

Provide real training for the project managers. MS Project, resource management, financial management, risk management, etc. Bring in outside training help. All other departments will benefit if your PMs are properly trained. Hire a PMO and have your PMs report to her.

Develop and enforce a formal performance review plan. (And yes, merit based raises would be an excellent plus.)

Consolidate the team into 1 building. It's harder to form meaningful bonds with coworkers when we don't share the same space.

105 Other Employee Reviews for MRM (View Most Recent)

Unnecessarily political and full of micromanagers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MRM

Pros

There are a few really smart people here that work hard and inspire you to be better. Also, there's a fair amount of opportunity to do pro bono work that's meaningful.

Cons

Employees are not empowered by their managers to make decisions - a few micromanagers control the entire office. Depending on what team you're on the hours can be horrendous. Also, employees do not always treat each other with respect. It can be downright toxic at times.

Study up on modern theories of management and be more transparent. Do not encourage a culture of backstabbing and gossip. Empower your employees to make the right decisions. Make diversity a point in your hiring practices - not nepotism.

Having a great time!

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Birmingham, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Birmingham, MI

I have been working at MRM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work hours
    Great team
    Motivational team events

Cons

Limited structure for new employees
    Limited client base
    High turnover rate

Get more clients for local offices.

There are newer employer reviews for MRM