MRM
www.mrmworldwide.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

MRM Detroit is the place to be. Work hard and play hard.

Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI

I have been working at MRM full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you're considering MRM Detroit and reading all the negative reviews from the NYC & San Fran offices, don't let them scare you away. Our office is shaping up to be the flagship MRM office. Over 300 people, fantastic offices in Birmingham, and really interesting/challenging work.

In my opinion, this is the best place in Michigan for digital experience. As with any agency there are elements dysfunction, but we are mostly insulated from the typical advertising drama.

The people are smart and everybody works hard. That said, there also lots of social events and it's a fun atmosphere. It's a very positive place to be and folks are generally happy. I am so happy I decided to join MRM over some of the other Detroit agencies.

ConsThe brand project managers report up to the Account leads, who know little about project management as a discipline. Growing as a project manager has thus proven difficult. I would like to see the office have a true PMO, and more training for the project management team.

Goal-setting and performance reviews are very informal. You really have to take matters into your own hand (Don't wait for your manager to set these things up. It probably won't happen if you aren't proactive.)

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide real training for the project managers. MS Project, resource management, financial management, risk management, etc. Bring in outside training help. All other departments will benefit if your PMs are properly trained. Hire a PMO and have your PMs report to her.

Develop and enforce a formal performance review plan. (And yes, merit based raises would be an excellent plus.)

Consolidate the team into 1 building. It's harder to form meaningful bonds with coworkers when we don't share the same space.

Unnecessarily political and full of micromanagers.

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MRM

Pros: There are a few really smart people here that work hard and inspire you to be… Cons: Employees are not empowered by their managers to make decisions - a few micromanagers control the entire office. Depending on what team you're… Advice to Senior Management: Study up on modern theories of management and be more transparent. Do not encourage a culture of backstabbing and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Having a great time!

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)
Birmingham, MI

I have been working at MRM full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible work hours Great team Motivational team events Cons: Limited structure for new employees Limited client base High turnover rate Advice to Senior Management: Get more clients for local offices. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on MRM.

Worked for MRM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MRM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MRM CEO Michael McLaren. All reviews posted anonymously by MRM employees.