Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at MRY full-time

Pros

The lower levels are staffed by young people who are genuinely good people who are eager to learn.

Cons

Is there enough room here to list the cons? MRY is run by a former PR/events guy who started this whole joke of an "agency" and now hires kids straight out of college to underpay them (even by industry standards) like crazy. As a result, mid- and senior-levels are densely populated by people who were never properly taught how to do their jobs. One textbook example is Account Management, a department where there is practically zero knowledge (or cajones) to actually manage the client. This leads to overburdening under-trained employees, which ultimately means that the mid- and senior-level hires who actually came from places where they were taught how to do their jobs have the Herculean task of pulling off a multi-team project by themselves. Pay is joke for most people, particularly employees coming in at entry-level. Then the CEO goes and builds a holiday house upstate after paying himself a handsome salary, and decides to treat everyone to a pool party after everyone practically kills themselves winning an account. Um, thanks...? But I'd actually rather have a livable wage to buy myself food and pay my rent? The icing on the cake: upper management is blindly corrupt and unethical. Human resources actually cursed out an employee when they gave their two weeks notice. If you don't go with the herd, you've got a target on your back and they'll put a case against you in two weeks flat. Zero gratitude, zero competence for what people actually give up when wild client requests are made (and not countered). And when all is said and done and you've gained back your self-respect and put in your notice, they'll say, "Didn't we give you enough? All the 'unlimited' vacation days and beer Thursdays and ping pong," as if that'll make up for the 80-hour weeks you pulled for three months straight.

Advice to Management

Have some respect for yourselves already.

Other Employee Reviews for MRY

Great place to start

Pros

MRY's overall reputation is starting to grow throughout the industry for the quality of their work, but what really made my experience here enjoyable was the quality of people I worked with. A lot of the folks I came across on a daily basis were intelligent, sociable, and dedicated to producing great work.

Cons

There seems to be a clique within the company, and your work experience tends to be a lot smoother if you're in with them. Compensation is a bit low here as well compared to other agencies, so the turnover rates are a bit high.

2. Coca-Cola Campus Ambassador

Current Employee - Coca-Cola Lead Campus Ambassador in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Coca-Cola Lead Campus Ambassador in Champaign, IL

I have been working at MRY part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Working with THE most iconic brands in the world! -Incentive based rewards are relatively easy to get if you work hard -Free Coca-Cola products! -Gained invaluable leadership, communication, and organizational experience -Events are so fun! -Work with a group to spread out responsibilities

Cons

-Since they are so new, the stipend went down from $750 for reps to $500 for leads and $100 for influencers, which is very low for all of the work we do -Management is a little bit disorganized