MRY
www.mry.com New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at MRY full-time

ProsThe lower levels are staffed by young people who are genuinely good people who are eager to learn.

ConsIs there enough room here to list the cons?

MRY is run by a former PR/events guy who started this whole joke of an "agency" and now hires kids straight out of college to underpay them (even by industry standards) like crazy. As a result, mid- and senior-levels are densely populated by people who were never properly taught how to do their jobs.

One textbook example is Account Management, a department where there is practically zero knowledge (or cajones) to actually manage the client. This leads to overburdening under-trained employees, which ultimately means that the mid- and senior-level hires who actually came from places where they were taught how to do their jobs have the Herculean task of pulling off a multi-team project by themselves.

Pay is joke for most people, particularly employees coming in at entry-level. Then the CEO goes and builds a holiday house upstate after paying himself a handsome salary, and decides to treat everyone to a pool party after everyone practically kills themselves winning an account. Um, thanks...? But I'd actually rather have a livable wage to buy myself food and pay my rent?

The icing on the cake: upper management is blindly corrupt and unethical. Human resources actually cursed out an employee when they gave their two weeks notice. If you don't go with the herd, you've got a target on your back and they'll put a case against you in two weeks flat. Zero gratitude, zero competence for what people actually give up when wild client requests are made (and not countered). And when all is said and done and you've gained back your self-respect and put in your notice, they'll say, "Didn't we give you enough? All the 'unlimited' vacation days and beer Thursdays and ping pong," as if that'll make up for the 80-hour weeks you pulled for three months straight.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some respect for yourselves already.

Great place to start

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MRY

Pros: MRY's overall reputation is starting to grow throughout the industry for the quality of their work, but what really made my experience here enjoyable was… Cons: There seems to be a clique within the company, and your work experience tends to be a lot smoother if you're in… More

Coca-Cola Campus Ambassador

Coca-Cola Lead Campus Ambassador (Current Employee)
Champaign, IL

I have been working at MRY part-time for less than a year

Pros: -Working with THE most iconic brands in the world! -Incentive based rewards are relatively easy to get if you work… Cons: -Since they are so new, the stipend went down from $750 for reps to $500 for leads and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MRY.

Worked for MRY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MRY reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MRY CEO Matt Britton. All reviews posted anonymously by MRY employees.