Great

I have been working at MSC Industrial Direct

Pros

working conditions pay ben healthcare

Cons

support slow response from associates

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Very frustrating and stressful environment

I have been working at MSC Industrial Direct

Pros

Pay is average Benefits are good Vacations its a job

Cons

No consistency. No comunication Do not tell the truth. Say one thing and do another. Lots of talking no action. Change the rules daily Managers do not lead by example Treated like children No respect The review process changes to keep you failing. They do not seem to want to see you succeed. Managers all grade you differently, just hope you get a fair one ?? Good luck. It all looks good on paper. The MSC Culture, calling us" associates", open door policy.( DON'T BY IT).

Advice to Management

Take a good look at The review process., Stop Managers from picking us apart.

Demeaning and Demoralizing

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at MSC Industrial Direct

Pros

All of the best lines of products. Ability to discount if needed. Excellent delivery. The customers love this.

Cons

Manager humiliated me in review making personal attacks on me and implying I was not working. Hence, their claim on a positive culture is a farce. Raised my growth goal percentage by 10% in the middle of the month. Growth goals are ludicrous and difficult to sustain. You don't know what your goal is going to be other than a lot more than it was same month last year. One month, if I had been at my old job, I would have made over $20K for the month. MSC paid me a lousy $1500 commission. And that just makes it more difficult for next year. This commission plan can have you grow your territory 25-30% a year and they pay you less money because, "you didn't hit your number". Meanwhile, Sr management is stuffing money in their pockets. Are they a metal working sales company or an MRO sales company? They don't know. We have too many managers we have to cater to. Branch Manager, Market Manager, Federal Government Manager, State Government Manager, National Account Manager, Vending, blah, blah, blah, blah. They want to serve all markets. It would be like Ford making cars, band aids, sweaters, baseball gloves and growing tomatoes. They are scared to death of a certain competitor. I think this has caused panic in Sr management that has trickled down to the street level. A couple of years ago, they had a winning plan in place.

Advice to Management

Figure out what business your in. Modify your commission structure so we can make money too. Set a consistent growth goal for the year. Word is getting around how you treat your sales people and people are either leaving or thinking about it. Remember, WE have the personal relationships. Lastly, demonstrate the culture as more than a document.