MSC Industrial Direct
www.mscdirect.com Melville, NY 5000+ Employees

Good Company experiencing growing pains

Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsWorld class distribution systems. Broad product offering. Excellent e-commerce site. Excellent benefits offering. Pockets of very bright people in various departments. Excellent 401k match. Flawless execution on shipping and customer service.

ConsTop management mired in indecision. Risk adverse culture in certain areas. Not always on top of innovations in the market-place. Poor technical knowledge of industry with limited training for associates to close the gap.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop management would be well served by understanding that there are innovative ideas that can be obtained if they are open to listening to the voices from outside their inner circle. Top management does not adhere to the standards of the culture required of all others.

Run, Run and Never Look Back

Confidential for Fear of Retribution (Current Employee)

I have been working at MSC Industrial Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent benefits and pay. Superior product offering. Ability to manage pricing… Cons: Every day you feel like you have been beaten. The criticism and personal assumptions that they make about you and other associates with only… Advice to Senior Management: Your arrogance and condesention will ruin you. Stop being closed minded and seeing everything in black and white. The industrial world is full… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

MSC Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MSC Industrial Direct

Pros: Fun work environment with a fast pace. Decent pay Cons: Low potential to advance into upper management positions. Unless you are willing to relocate it is very hard to move into a management position as… Advice to Senior Management: Provide better career pathing to employees. Develop training programs to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on MSC Industrial Direct.

Worked for MSC Industrial Direct? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MSC Industrial Direct reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MSC Industrial Direct CEO Erik Gershwind. All reviews posted anonymously by MSC Industrial Direct employees.