MSC Industrial Direct
www.mscdirect.com Melville, NY 5000+ Employees

Was an ok place to work but greed at the top has taken over.

Inside Sales (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits.vacation Not much else.

ConsVery top heavy in management To many goals.Upper management has no clue what the worker bee do. Lots of high paid management that are not needed.Reactive not proactive.Lousy at MRO .Does not replace workers when they leave so double,triple work load for everybody else. Culture was preached but no longer Run by how much big wigs can make on stock options.Wants to be everything to every company but cannot come through. No advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to basics of selling metalworking. Start caring about lower level employees or they will have none with any experience.Stop being so greedy and start sharing the wealth.

Terrible company to work for

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at MSC Industrial Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I honestly cannot think of any reason to possibly want to work for this company. And that is to bad… Cons: All the company is interested in is the bottom line. commission structure is the worst… Advice to Senior Management: Take a look at some of the exit interview comments if you already… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Horrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MSC Industrial Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: nothing to really speak of Cons: restrictive, slow to react to market trends, culture-bound, whistleblowing is actually encouraged with a Hotline. Creativity is discouraged. Multiple… Advice to Senior Management: Be more responsive to your people. Stop encouraging tattle-taling… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on MSC Industrial Direct.

Worked for MSC Industrial Direct? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MSC Industrial Direct reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MSC Industrial Direct CEO Erik Gershwind. All reviews posted anonymously by MSC Industrial Direct employees.