MSC Industrial Direct

overall satisfied

Current Employee - Account Representative
Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at MSC Industrial Direct

Pros

listens to the associate. Values all stakeholders.

Cons

45% growth goal vs. same month previous year to achieve goal.

lower base salaries and higher commision rates for sales. Too many account executives coast, and take advantage. Hungrier reps works twice as much for half of the pay.

123 Other Employee Reviews for MSC Industrial Direct (View Most Recent)

n/a

I have been working at MSC Industrial Direct

Pros

freiendly atmosphere, lots of community work

Cons

lack of movement for existing associates. IT resources always difficult to obtain to get projects completed.

Improve IT process to support all area projects. Enhance benefits to include 401k match higher than currently provided. Provide bonus to all associates below Senior Manager regardless of performance.

Best decision I ever made....

I have been working at MSC Industrial Direct full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In reading some of these negative reviews about MSC, I wonder If these people work for the same company that I have been at for the past 15+ years, because for me, it was the best professional decision I've ever made. Goals are set and achieved, tools to succeed are provided and the customers, associates and company reap the rewards. Not every day is fantastic, but it's all in your approach and how you handle frustration or disappointment. Having worked in places that had very inhospitable cultures, I know a good culture when I see it, and MSC has one. The change that is happening in the company is for the best and has re-energized people. A company cannot afford to remain the same when the world around us is changing! It is an exciting, transformative time to be here and the team I manage gets to contribute and be a part of it. I'm proud to work for MSC.

Cons

The 'cons' are toxic people who feel a sense of entitlement and have nothing positive to say or add to the company, but rather are chronic complainers. If you are unhappy with MSC, either work collaboratively to change it or consider going somewhere else.

Continue the transparent communication, but it needs to come from more than the top of the organization. All leaders should contribute to communication and let people know the benefits that will come with change.

There are newer employer reviews for MSC Industrial Direct