MSCI

www.msci.com

Unfocused driving, no accountability and tired, paranoid culture

Client Coverage (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsHighly skilled associates

Average to decent salary

Resources from the hybrid of organizations

interesting projects

ConsSenior management care only about themselves. Local office heads and senior veterans not motivated to really help underlings. Often make it known they despise their role.

in tricky market we know not where we're going. Fragmented data, models and meetings.

Clannish, devisive behavior interfering with client mtgs, conference participation and trust.

Favoritism, etc.

Guidance and accountability seriously lacking in the Coverage, Project Management and Facilities units. Particularly in the New York and SF Bay offices. Good luck getting any emails answered. Or seeing any consistent meetings out of them.

Outsourcing so much that we've chopped off our own feet and it's a challenge to go forward. Especially without vision, communication, trust and fairness.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's a lot we would like to give, but we've seen others shot down for nicely doing so. What is clear Is that leadership needs to change and vision needs to be clarified. After that, professionalism re-instilled in what used to be a great company. Pay attention to your product formation teams, new sales and upsells. Also to local office management and HR, to help with these areas. We can really hit walls when we need basic questions answered. That wastes even more time and productivity. Also look at who actually has shown up to work through the years instead of working remotely and not findable. Then keep telling us where we're going so we can actually do our jobs.

A good company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Berkeley, CA

I have been working at MSCI

Pros: MSCI is a leader in the risk management and index business. The company has… Cons: There is limited potential for professional growth and there are not that many perks for employees. Also, the tendency is to lead people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Stay far far away!!!

Senior Associate (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

I worked at MSCI

Pros: New technology to learn deal with. Hmm having a really hard time… Cons: No respect from sinior management. Lack of communication. What sinor management decides goes no matter how wrong it is. You are… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate and trust your employees and you will find that they will work twice as hard as if you keep yelling and screaming at them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MSCI.

Worked for MSCI? Contribute to the Community!