MSCI
www.msci.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Some very good people and some very odd decisions

Senior Associate (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

ProsIntelligent people at just about every level. High degree of technology though the environment is locked down a bit. Indexing business makes money without trying and is thus the prized group. A sales company disguised as a financial tech company.

ConsLot of in-house applications which is ok but lead to random bugs. Tech decisions are all done out of the cadre in London while the implementation is done by a team in Budapest. Service Desk based in Mumbai can often lead to frustration. Hope you're looking for a position with the indexing side, otherwise look out.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt least one local office support person would help a lot, i've seen people be without a computer for 3 days at times. Cost cutting of personnel leads to higher turnover on those thinking they're next.

Unfocused driving, no accountability and tired, paranoid culture

Client Coverage (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MSCI full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Highly skilled associates Average to decent salary Resources from the hybrid of… Cons: Senior management care only about themselves. Local office heads and senior veterans not motivated to really help underlings. Often make it known they despise… Advice to Senior Management: There's a lot we would like to give, but we've seen others shot down for nicely doing so. What is clear Is that leadership… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Hectic but rewarding

Senior Associate (Former Employee)
    Berkeley, CA

I worked at MSCI

Pros: Challenging job and worked with a group of very smart individuals. Company… Cons: Upper management can be a bit tricky and people are… Advice to Senior Management: Try to make sure you have appropriate resources in order… More
There are newer reviews on MSCI.

Worked for MSCI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MSCI reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MSCI CEO Henry A. Fernandez. All reviews posted anonymously by MSCI employees.