There are newer employer reviews for MSCI

MSCI should not be trusted.

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at MSCI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You will have an opportunity to meet people from all over the world, especially people from India and the Phillipines, as you train them to do your job.

Cons

MSCI uses all forms of trickery to extract as much work from employees as possible. The company will tell you one thing and then do another, all without offering a reasonable explanation.

Employees in developed markets are very valuable and worth their cost. Someday you will learn this lesson.

207 Other Employee Reviews for MSCI (View Most Recent)

Some very good people and some very odd decisions

Former Employee - Senior Associate  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at MSCI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Intelligent people at just about every level. High degree of technology though the environment is locked down a bit. Indexing business makes money without trying and is thus the prized group. A sales company disguised as a financial tech company.

Cons

Lot of in-house applications which is ok but lead to random bugs. Tech decisions are all done out of the cadre in London while the implementation is done by a team in Budapest. Service Desk based in Mumbai can often lead to frustration. Hope you're looking for a position with the indexing side, otherwise look out.

At least one local office support person would help a lot, i've seen people be without a computer for 3 days at times. Cost cutting of personnel leads to higher turnover on those thinking they're next.

Unfocused driving, no accountability and tired, paranoid culture

Current Employee - Client Coverage  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Coverage in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MSCI full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Highly skilled associates

Average to decent salary

Resources from the hybrid of organizations

interesting projects

Cons

Senior management care only about themselves. Local office heads and senior veterans not motivated to really help underlings. Often make it known they despise their role.

in tricky market we know not where we're going. Fragmented data, models and meetings.

Clannish, devisive behavior interfering with client mtgs, conference participation and trust.

Favoritism, etc.

Guidance and accountability seriously lacking in the Coverage, Project Management and Facilities units. Particularly in the New York and SF Bay offices. Good luck getting any emails answered. Or seeing any consistent meetings out of them.

Outsourcing so much that we've chopped off our own feet and it's a challenge to go forward. Especially without vision, communication, trust and fairness.

There's a lot we would like to give, but we've seen others shot down for nicely doing so. What is clear Is that leadership needs to change and vision needs to be clarified. After that, professionalism re-instilled in what used to be a great company. Pay attention to your product formation teams, new sales and upsells. Also to local office management and HR, to help with these areas. We can really hit walls when we need basic questions answered. That wastes even more time and productivity. Also look at who actually has shown up to work through the years instead of working remotely and not findable. Then keep telling us where we're going so we can actually do our jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for MSCI

Worked for MSCI? Contribute to the Community!