MSCI
www.msci.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Put your money where your mouth is.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Berkeley, CA

ProsGood vacation: 4 full weeks. If you are a diligent worker, should feel secure in your position. Commute is easy with BART. Name recognition within the industry, looks good on the resume. Company does sponsor CFA studies and test taking. Work hours are reasonable. Good place if your background is physics or financial analysis. If you are a researcher, it is a really good place.

ConsAs a software developer in a finance oriented company, you are treated like a commodity. The company is actively pursuing offshoreing, outsourcing, whatever you want to call it. Upper management seems only focused on increasing the perception of value to investors, while neglecting the nuts and bolts of the everyday operations. Famous quote from the CEO: "In real estate there are three essential things: location, location, location. In our business, it's data, data, data." But many employees are left wondering why the actions dont match the words. Not much feeling of comeradery or team/company spirit.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't kill the golden goose. You cant downsize and offshore your way to success. Stop thinking like an investment banker, and start thinking like a leader. People probably dont really expect corporate leadership to be totally honest, so stop trying so hard to convince us of that.

Good Comp, Lots of Work, Individual contribution

I have been working at MSCI

Pros: Good Salaries, Lots of Work, If you are always an individual contributor this… Cons: Everyone works in silos, Weak Management. Less team contribution. You have to be expert in… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not Good

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

I have been working at MSCI full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good Pay.Good vacations,Good benefits,Work life balance is good Cons: Employee have to work as manager thought and a small… Advice to Senior Management: Provide resources before you think an employee can make aerospace. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on MSCI.

Worked for MSCI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MSCI reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MSCI CEO Henry A. Fernandez. All reviews posted anonymously by MSCI employees.