MSCI

www.msci.com

I would make more money as an assistant manager at Walgreens

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsAdequate vacation time to help you forget how miserable your job is.

ConsMy primary issue with MSCI is its financial abuse of its employees. Compensation is inhumanely low, no matter how well the company's stock is doing. The company must assume that its employees have extremely low expectations and zero ambition to find other jobs.

Senior management above VP level is completely uninspiring and has no interest in helping employees advance in their careers. There are still a few outstanding employees left at the company but it seems they too are trying to leave ASAP.

Don't apply for a job at MSCI; working at the company will take many precious years off your life and will likely drain any savings you have as salaries often don't increase from year to year, not to mention the cost of therapy needed as your feelings of self-worth will surely plummet. Oh, and good luck paying off those college loans...not going to happen in this decade.

If you need a visual illustration of what life at MSCI is like, watch the movie Misery (or read the book), and imagine that you are Paul Sheldon and MSCI is Annie Wilkes. This will provide you with a sufficient portrayal of MSCI's strategy of luring its employees in with its innocuous appearance, followed by the unflinching "hobbling" that it systematically conducts on each employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement cuts overhead to an obscene level and still can't turn a solid profit (should I laugh or cry about this?). Time for a new strategy -- perhaps invest in Walgreens?

A lot of politics as the Barra side is not growing and keep losing clients

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Berkeley, CA

I worked at MSCI

Pros: It still have a reputation in the industry, a well-known… Cons: no career growth opportunity in the company Advice to Senior Management: Focus on revenue and growth, but not personal agenda No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Opaque, systematic, and creatively stifling

Analyst (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at MSCI

Pros: Fair work/life balance at lower levels, though I understand more senior levels have less flexibility. Collegial with fellow analysts,… Cons: Lack of cultural investment in outside-the-box thinking and employee engagement. "Efficiency" as a buzzword for systematic removal of creativity. Highly… Advice to Senior Management: Especially after the acquisition of RiskMetrics, MSCI strongly underestimated the cultural issues of fusing a creative and less bureaucratic workforce with a systematic, autocratic approach.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MSCI.

Worked for MSCI? Contribute to the Community!