MSCO

www.msco.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for MSCO

The Launching Pad

I have been working at MSCO full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been here for some time and I've seen nothing but greatness come from our entire team day after day. Talented individuals walk through these doors every morning and don't leave until the job is thoroughly completed and the clients are satisfied. We do what it takes to build businesses. On any given day, you'll go from website strategy to radio script writing to prospecting. The cross training in so many different disciplines, all backed by a solid company mindset, builds skills it takes years to hone at other larger firms. Personally, I find that the best payout you can receive.

Cons

The hours are long, coordination is tough and the clients are demanding, but that's just the nature of the industry. If you truly love marketing and advertising, truly love building businesses and running them as if your own, the hard work is a rewarding experience.

7 Other Employee Reviews for MSCO (View Most Recent)

great to work company to work for

I have been working at MSCO

Pros

Training is very good here

Cons

none I can think of

none I can think of

There has been a sea change...

I have been working at MSCO full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I'm pretty sure I have worked with and can identify everyone who's written a review thus far. And while there may have been varying degrees of truth behind them at the time, I can tell you that it's simply not the case any longer.

For one, management has turned over nearly 100% in the past 2 years. Many of the players that had been creating a toxic culture (I'm not naming any names) have been removed. What's left is a close knit team of professionals that know what they're doing and want to foster better client relationships. The clients have started to respond.

Second, the top-down micromanaging of the past has given way to an open forum of ideas whereby the best get pitched, not just whatever the most senior person thinks. Team collaboration is on the rise and needless delegation is virtually a thing of the past. There is definitely a different energy driving day to day decisions.

Clients are doing better, which means the team receives more positive feedback and wants to do an even greater job in the future. This isn't how it was, but it is now. Also, we have food in the break room again.

Cons

Now, this is still a very demanding, very chaotic environment. Clients come in frequently and not having a specialty forces the staff to learn about new industries almost daily. I for one find that thrilling, but it's not for everyone. Scheduling is also something that needs work, but you could say that about nearly all businesses that employ staff.

However, if you want to work at a marketing firm with a unique business development model where clients come to us, not commute into Manhattan every day and never get bored by the work, I definitely recommend MSCO.

The ship has been righted. See that it doesn't veer off course again.

There are newer employer reviews for MSCO