MSLGROUP

www.mslgroup.com
  www.mslgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for MSLGROUP

Wonderful People, Wonderful Culture, Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MSLGROUP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You are a member of a team. Titles do not matter your voice is heard and your contributions are valued. Leadership works very hard, to cultivate and expand employee's talent.

Work and personal life balance is VALUED!!! For the first time in my professional life, I can leave my laptop at work, and not lose sleep over it!

The people are great. Very friendly. Incredibly smart and creative.

Cons

Recent turnover, but every agency sees turnover.

Keep it up

93 Other Employee Reviews for MSLGROUP (View Most Recent)

Better than Average

I have been working at MSLGROUP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Visibility to senior leadership - most are aware of what you're doing and the contributions you make
    P&G client exposure - always great to have the ability to work with top marketers and billion dollar brands
    Great people - the junior talent within the agency is top notch. They're smart and dedicated and hard working.
    Training - we have a great training program and are encouraged to attend as many as possible

Cons

Lack of senior leadership - we have very few true "senior leaders" who are involved in accounts
    Lack of client service focus (see above) - we may preach client service, but the reality is that few senior leaders are available or have any knowledge of what's happening on various accounts or with our top clients
    Lack of digital structure - still not built out, and those here have little direction/structure
    lack of creative structure - still not built out and tough to engage them to work on your brands
    Client diversity - too much P&G happening, not enough marquee clients outside of that

Get serious about staffing up at the senior level and then DIG IN with actual clients. There are MDs and VPs on the client side that are begging for senior leadership involvement, yet we have very few to offer, or that will get engaged.

Sinking Ship

I have been working at MSLGROUP full-time

Pros

- some really great/smart people in the ranks - junior through senior
    - pays well
    - strong global presence / opportunity to travel
    - flexible work hours / ability to work at home

Cons

- feels like it's fading fast in North America and is at the mercy of P&G
    - agency does not have a great reputation and/or is an unknown agency brand
    - offices other than NY are red-haired step children satellite offices
    - lack of consistent process and work product varies widely across accounts and brands
    - lack of involvement from sr. leadership on accounts
    - creative / digital not yet inherent in lifeblood. feels a good 10 years behind in integration
    - new digital hires seem to come and go through a revolving door
    - digital leadership, while sharp, seem more concerned with personal fame and personal career path
    - some very abrasive personalities in digital as well
    - everything is a fire drill. my guess is salaries are too high at the top and there are not enough rank and file to actually do the job.
    - too P&G focused
    - work/life balance is a real issue. be prepared to be on-call 24/7 or slaving over a deck your entire weekend if you are VP+
    - leadership in over its head

It's not the people...it's the lack of consistent and visible leadership across the disciplines and on accounts. It's time to look in the mirror and acknowledge the real problem vs. constantly making knee-jerk hires to save the day and then having a hard time retaining new senior leaders.
    Need stronger mid-senior staff and more rank and file.
    Need consistent process and more focus on consistent work product.
    Better management of the people...less of a sink or swim mentality.
    Diversify client portfolio.
    Focus on digital / creative operations...start walking the talk.
    Consider new digital leadership that understands more than just social influence...understands how to run a business, truly understands all aspects of digital, and is more concerned with leading and growing the business than with personal brand.

There are newer employer reviews for MSLGROUP