There are newer employer reviews for MSLGROUP

Wonderful People, Wonderful Culture, Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MSLGROUP full-time for less than a year

Pros

You are a member of a team. Titles do not matter your voice is heard and your contributions are valued. Leadership works very hard, to cultivate and expand employee's talent.

Work and personal life balance is VALUED!!! For the first time in my professional life, I can leave my laptop at work, and not lose sleep over it!

The people are great. Very friendly. Incredibly smart and creative.

Cons

Recent turnover, but every agency sees turnover.

Keep it up

86 Other Employee Reviews for MSLGROUP (View Most Recent)

Fake positive reviews = desperate loser leaders

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at MSLGROUP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nothing pro about mslgroup, I'm waiting for an offer to resign.

Cons

The New York office is an awful mess. Constantly losing all our clients, NY office is filled with back-stabbing leaders who do nothing but line their own pockets. Head of business development just left because we haven't won anything in forever. Global Head of Digital is abusive and completely self-serving. Head of Strategy can't make up her mind how to best to avoid doing any work. Practice leader of Corporate left. Practice Leader of Health left. They got rid of the President, the MD and our Chief. The best SVP's and VP's and staff level employees left. The only leader in Human Resources that anyone ever trusted to talk to and care for us left. Everyone is leaving in droves.

Clean house. Get rid of crazy digital, gossipy CFO, do-nothing chief strategy/health and all the ineffective no-personality NA human resources leaders who do nothing but hurt employees and any semblance of our corporate culture.

Better than Average

I have been working at MSLGROUP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Visibility to senior leadership - most are aware of what you're doing and the contributions you make
    P&G client exposure - always great to have the ability to work with top marketers and billion dollar brands
    Great people - the junior talent within the agency is top notch. They're smart and dedicated and hard working.
    Training - we have a great training program and are encouraged to attend as many as possible

Cons

Lack of senior leadership - we have very few true "senior leaders" who are involved in accounts
    Lack of client service focus (see above) - we may preach client service, but the reality is that few senior leaders are available or have any knowledge of what's happening on various accounts or with our top clients
    Lack of digital structure - still not built out, and those here have little direction/structure
    lack of creative structure - still not built out and tough to engage them to work on your brands
    Client diversity - too much P&G happening, not enough marquee clients outside of that

Get serious about staffing up at the senior level and then DIG IN with actual clients. There are MDs and VPs on the client side that are begging for senior leadership involvement, yet we have very few to offer, or that will get engaged.

There are newer employer reviews for MSLGROUP

Worked for MSLGROUP? Contribute to the Community!