There are newer employer reviews for MSLGROUP

Wonderful People, Wonderful Culture, Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MSLGROUP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are a member of a team. Titles do not matter your voice is heard and your contributions are valued. Leadership works very hard, to cultivate and expand employee's talent.

Work and personal life balance is VALUED!!! For the first time in my professional life, I can leave my laptop at work, and not lose sleep over it!

The people are great. Very friendly. Incredibly smart and creative.

Cons

Recent turnover, but every agency sees turnover.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Better than Average

I have been working at MSLGROUP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Visibility to senior leadership - most are aware of what you're doing and the contributions you make
    P&G client exposure - always great to have the ability to work with top marketers and billion dollar brands
    Great people - the junior talent within the agency is top notch. They're smart and dedicated and hard working.
    Training - we have a great training program and are encouraged to attend as many as possible

Cons

Lack of senior leadership - we have very few true "senior leaders" who are involved in accounts
    Lack of client service focus (see above) - we may preach client service, but the reality is that few senior leaders are available or have any knowledge of what's happening on various accounts or with our top clients
    Lack of digital structure - still not built out, and those here have little direction/structure
    lack of creative structure - still not built out and tough to engage them to work on your brands
    Client diversity - too much P&G happening, not enough marquee clients outside of that

Advice to Management

Get serious about staffing up at the senior level and then DIG IN with actual clients. There are MDs and VPs on the client side that are begging for senior leadership involvement, yet we have very few to offer, or that will get engaged.

Learn and grow

I have been working at MSLGROUP

Pros

People care about your growth and success at the company. MSL does a great initial job training and continuous training throughout your career, especially if you are proactive in becoming an expert.

Cons

As with any company, some processes aren't uniform, but often it is to adapt to what works best on each account.

Advice to Management

Provide more frequent feedback on employees' progress in their roles and responsibilities.