MTS Systems
www.mts.com Eden Prairie, MN 1000 to 5000 Employees

A great place for engineers, has its issues like any other company.

I have been working at MTS Systems

ProsMTS has a world of expertise under its roof and as a budding engineer there's endless learning available. Technical specialists are encouraged. Compensation is above average and benefits are good. Work-Life balance can be very good. Accessibility to management is good for a medium sized company. Employee longevity is extremely high for today's business world.

ConsEmployees are very nice and knowledgable, but it's not a social crowd unless you're already a long-timer or well-embedded (a Minnesotan trait). Lacks some large-company benefits like well-defined career development programs. Steep learning curve for technical disciplines, so it takes 2-3 years to become fully proficient - not necessarily a con but something to be aware of.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to the customer and your employees, as the ground level is where the action is that will enable success of the entire company. Sales, productivity, customer service and satisfaction.

It's an excellent place to work as an Intern

Research Intern (Current Employee)
Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at MTS Systems as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Interactive work and wonderful social activities for Interns. Interns are… Cons: I didn't come across any cons for this company as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to intern

Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee)
Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at MTS Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros: Speaking as a mechanical engineering intern, -hands on time in lab working on company product -got to design fixtures for various tests -learned… Cons: -some tests involved tedious amounts of lab work (tasks became repetitive but was… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MTS Systems.

Worked for MTS Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MTS Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MTS Systems CEO Jeffrey A. Graves. All reviews posted anonymously by MTS Systems employees.