MTV Networks

www.mtv.com
  www.mtv.com
There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

A great opportunity to become familiar with the daily writing process.

I worked at MTV Networks

Pros

I was an intern with one of MTV's websites. They produce daily content which is really important experience for a communications student. Very demanding -- almost considered a staffer.

Cons

Typical office drama...a lot of gossip. I wasn't really used to that, but I guess it comes with the territory. Sometimes staffers had to scramble to find things for interns to do.

368 Other Employee Reviews for MTV Networks (View Most Recent)

I have learned alot during my time with the company and feel that it does a great job in balancing work/life.

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at MTV Networks

Pros

Work/Life balance - They are very proactive with spending time outside of the office. During the summer season we get every other Friday off and there is always an event where you can bring children.

Benefit - The benefits are pretty good and rarely do you hear about premiums increasing or getting less than prior years.

Dress code - Unless you're in finance or sales, you can wear jeans and dress down most of the time.

Cons

There are opportunities, but unfortunately most of them go to friends of friends or relatives. The company should support more of its own employees.

Good Learning Experience

I worked at MTV Networks

Pros

-Fun, laid back yet serious environment, learn various skills--they try to teach you more than just your major

Cons

-Don't offer jobs right after internship to interns, academic credit only, not paid

Overall, good except some higher ups tend to yell at employees un professionally

There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks