There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

I love and enjoy working for MTV but I just wish there was more room for mobility within the company.

Current Employee - Intern in Santa Monica, CA
Current Employee - Intern in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at MTV Networks

Pros

It is a great place for people to work if they are young and interested in the entertainment industry.

Cons

The company lacks mobility within the company.

Advice to Management

I think most of the leadership at MTV is great and you guys should try to work harder to promote within.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Okay while your there - but don't ask for more money. Forget it once you leave

Former Employee - Assistant/Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant/Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks

Pros

Open, fun, diverse, good perks, overall good people and fun projects.

Cons

Started great, but overworked and underpaid. Once you leave, there is a negative "unprofessional" reputation. Some managers are more focused on their own career goals, rather than helping others to rise and learn. Also, HR can be a trip. They recently made a mistake with my end date to a background check company after I accepted another job - delaying my new start date (I'm 4 years out of MTV and they still haunt me). They were off by 2 1/2 years! Although MTV made the mistake, they were unresponsive, even when I said it was a time sensitive issue and would not provide with someone to speak to about their mistake. It was easier for me to go through my own paperwork and accountant rather than rely on them to fix their own mistakes. If they don't know the # calling, they don't care.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of your coordinators as they are looking to grow as well and provide good insight.

2. Bad

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks

Pros

Name recognition, big name on your resume, possibilty to see some talent from the newtwork, after work events and award shows.

Cons

meaningful work, advancement of job placement