There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

Great opportunities and benefits, but difficult to rise up within your department

Current Employee - Digital Production Assistant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Digital Production Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at MTV Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many different career opportunities within the company itself. MTV employees are generally from a very young crowd - in my department, I don't believe anybody is over 40. MTV provides amazing health benefits and employee discounts with a wide range of companies and services. One of my favorite "perks" is the 10k a year tuition reimbursement (tax free until you you go over 5k I think). If you're lucky, you will get to work with a great team of people.

Cons

It is difficult to move up the ladder within your own department. If you are hired on as a freelancer, it may take a while to get a head count approval and get converted to a full-time position even if your manager and boss recognize your value to the team. If you are below manager level, your pay will not be anything nominal.

Advice to Management

If your lower level employees are valuable, be sure to tell them often. If you want them to stay, give them an actual raise (besides the 3% annual) or a promotion.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

'PERMALANCE' - hello IRS are you hearing us?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MTV Networks

Pros

You can disappear in a network of offices, work lazy hours and have little responsibility.

Cons

Fake benefits, no job security, salaries that are FAR BELOW industry standards, Times Square foot traffic, little vertical career movement.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and we'll invest in you. Hey Philippe - take 10mill off your 90mill annual salary and treat your employees like human beings. Benefits are not a state of mind.

The only reason it's good to work for MTV is because you get to say you work for MTV.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at MTV Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good for your resume and to impress future employers.

Cons

Pay, morale and management are all pretty bad.

Advice to Management

Quit thinking MTV is such a cool place to work that employees should be happy to have their jobs. All my coworkers knew they were replaceable and the longer you worked there & the more money you made, the more they wanted to replace you. Morale is terrible.