There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

Working at MTV was a great experience. I worked with the smartest, most talented, and creative people in the industry.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Very energetic place to work and the people are great. Company provides a lot of extra perks and experiences to interact with talent, artists and entertainment related activities. The job was very fulfilling when it came to working in the entertainment industry.

Cons

I worked on the New Products team which was the innovative arm of the company, but management really did not welcome and embrace the suggestions and products that would have helped MTV maintain it's competitive edge. Same as usual turned out to be what won out. Our group was dis-banned and the majority of our team left or were forced out through layoffs.

353 Other Employee Reviews for MTV Networks (View Most Recent)

Worked in IT at MTV for 9 years...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks full-time

Pros

It's great working in the heartbeat of New York City. Also, there is a lot of freedom there. They have fantastic lounges on each floor.

Cons

In Central IT, our floor (27) had off white walls and all of the furniture was cast-offs from other floors

I hope there is more of an atmosphere of cross training than when I was there as well as less nepotism.

Corporate yet fun (though not exactly a career boost)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved my coworkers—lots of fun people working there. Small perks here and there helped with morale, and also communal lunches. Rules were clearly laid out, with less bureaucracy than I'd expect from a large company.

Cons

No growth potential, not the best pay. Very little mixing between departments—I had no idea who most of the people on my floor were.

More perks and activities to make people feel a sense of community (if that's the intention).

There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

Worked for MTV Networks? Contribute to the Community!