MTV Networks

There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

fun,busy place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY
Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

MTV consistently worked at keeping there employees happy and excited to work there. New cafeteria,parties, diversity week-Maya Angelou came to speak ! It was an exciting place to work. And my position was in accounting.

Cons

Trying to advance or move to another dept. was not easy.

366 Other Employee Reviews for MTV Networks (View Most Recent)

The positive: incredible passion and pace; The negative: incredible pace

Former Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's an iconic brand and company. Had a lull, but it has come roaring back. You feel as if you're at the center of the entertainment universe -- and you are. You're one of a large group of highly creative people, who at their best, stimulate each other.

Cons

Expect to work late into the night and on weekends. There are prima donnas. Stars are sometimes stars. You may be seen as a peon by some.

four years of long, hard work later...

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at MTV Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

*upper management for my dept is very laid back so work life balance is definitely present
    *all networks are run different, but my network is a well oiled machine (which leads to a con) but there are no true surprises from day to day
    *benefits are good-I've never had an issue using any benefit avail. to me
    *you get to work with a lot of fun, creative people

Cons

*salary is horrible (when promoted its flat out depressing)
    *movement or promotions of any kind are few and far between and like my title says, it took me 4 years to reach my latest level of advancement (my own fault for sticking it out that long)
    *as mentioned in pros- my network is a well oiled machine but most days are like ground hogs day- same exact things to do, nothing outside the box
    *upper management= red tape, favoritism and politics but make huge salaries to play like toddlers
    *there is a lot of insecurities amongst employees. for exmaple, my boss comes off like she does not want to let myself or my co-workers do anything on our own for fear of us doing a better job. Unfort. to this day she does not realize that your employees are a reflection of you. If we do good, you do good.
    *lots of repetitive hand holding (in the words of The Other Guys, "I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly")

read some of these reviews. the common thread amongst all is under paid and no growth. simply pay attention to employees at all levels and try to do what we are all suggestion you do. and try not to take 4 years to do it!

There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks