MTV Networks

www.mtv.com

A place for high-school gossip

Client Services Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe standard perks of working with a global company with a good brand name for a resume are there for the taking. Good benefits, vacation time, and work life balance are all solid and can be slightly better than other media firms.

ConsPolitics run the organization. I have been promoted within the company but the key is having VPs vouch for your good work (even if they have never worked with you before). This is standard across all departments. Additionally the firm shows very little willingness to work towards their employees needs. Working from home is rarely an option and there is very little say in affairs until you reach a high level.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut back on the socialization, and focus more on employee development. For a company trying to reach a younger age group, it seems ironic that all of the individuals developing strategy are too nervous to lean on the younger staff.

Great people, too much red tape

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at MTV Networks full-time

Pros: Really nice co-workers, very close to BART, half days on… Cons: Too much red tape, lack of long term vision. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Culture on the downtick

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great people - the company is a mix of young and old, but most people appreciate initiative and humor, and the majority of people don't… Cons: Large corporation - not a whole lot of accountability. Crappy growth - you'll feel that ceiling hard. Overworked and Underpaid - Say goodbye to your… Advice to Senior Management: Let MTV do what it does best - innovate and titillate. Whatever short term profitability is achieved by flattening the organization and exploiting… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on MTV Networks.

Worked for MTV Networks? Contribute to the Community!