There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

super fun, laid back environment, surrounded by great people

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at MTV Networks full-time

Pros

the dress code is super laid back so most people wear jeans or leggings every day. the work day is really flexible, lots of people don't come in until 10 or 11. my bosses are really fun and open so i never feel like i can't ask questions or talk to them about concerns.

Cons

it's in the middle of times square so you have to deal with packs of tourists. but really, that's the only downside. i love everything else about mtv.

Other Employee Reviews for MTV Networks

1. Great learning experience, great place to network, friendly employees

Former Intern - Communication Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Communication Intern in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very casual dress code, Location, Cafeteria, Networking capabilities, Relaxed atmosphere, Nice employees

Cons

In the department I interned for, some employees were a bit immature

Enjoyed working there. The management structure and support base allowed technical support people to do their jobs

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Representative in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

•Decent Pay and Benefits. •Good relationships with customers and some camaraderie with coworkers •Reasonable work flow (not too many tickets and projects managed on a case by case basis) •Reasonable policies set in place to manage user behavior/workflow in enterprise environment

Cons

•Middle Management contentious with staff •immediate supervisor does not escalate problems, or "have your back" in customer satisfaction situations •Management unaware/unappreciative of individual worker skill sets: starting in 2009, many skilled IT workers were laid off, while many lackluster, or problem employees were retained; this one stymied me.

Advice to Management

Management should be aware of skills sets of their existing staff: especially when making changes, or lay offs. I don't think management knows who on their staff can do what. I would encourage some sort of reporting (peer endorsements or Vendor certification program) that will be held by management to rectify this problem, so qualified people remain on the job.