MTV Networks

There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

Good Interning Experience

Current Employee - Junior Financial Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Junior Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at MTV Networks as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It was an extremely fun environment (most departments). The financial department is what it is. Nothing exciting there.. even at MTV. But every floor has a different personality. Love that aspect. Most of the people, whether freelancers or employees were very friendly, and laid back. The dress code was also very relaxed.

In the summers, they allow employees a bit of flex time on Fridays. (not sure, but I'm sure they still continue this policy)

Cons

They aren't so eager to hire full time employees. The salaries aren't the most competitive, but that comes with the territory in media and communications, I assume. What you don't get in pay does make up in salary though depending on what department you work in, and the connections you have. While some are friendly, some aspects are just cold and it was better to email everything than to talk. But if that's your cup of tea, not much of a con, eh?

370 Other Employee Reviews for MTV Networks (View Most Recent)

MTV Radio Intern

Former Employee - MTV Radio Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - MTV Radio Intern in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Ton of great experiences, on job training, casual dress code, great co-workers

Cons

Unpaid, Worked Only 3 days a week

Fabulous

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Did my Fall internship here.. Great people, friendly, helpful and encourage meeting with other departments, learning new things and be creative. They take a lot of College interns every term and your work will be based on your school level.. grad or undergrad.

Cons

There is anything to not like about this place. The only thing would be.. to increase the number of paid internships they offer during the summer time. Otherwise none.

There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks