There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

Great place to learn and meet fun people

Current Employee - Production Clerk in New York, NY
Current Employee - Production Clerk in New York, NY

I have been working at MTV Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees are very kind, open, and fun. Staff believe in your growth and potential. Tuition reimbursement, 401k matching, profit sharing, as well as in-house classes. The Lodge is a subsidized dining facility in the building.

Cons

Pay could be better. However, this is offset by the fun time that you will have while on the job, and the resume building name.

If only there were an easy way to get employee ideas, like for shows, movies and series, to the proper development personnel...

359 Other Employee Reviews for MTV Networks (View Most Recent)

Opinions are Relative..

Current Employee - Campaigns Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Campaigns Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at MTV Networks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Casual work culture, room for growth, experience is respected! Lots of employee incentives.. Awesome

Cons

The food trucks are right behind us!! LOL. Lord knows how much weight you can put on with that going on. Serious things.. Lots of last minute things happen in this field.. So there are times when you do have to work longer or go above and beyond but that's typical AdOps/Sales

Let me know.. Bc I'm management and thus far I'm having an amazing time and being taken care of and I'd like to believe the same from staff.

Really positive experience, with opportunities to make meaningful contributions on a variety of projects

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There are many pros to interning with MTV Networks. Not only does it look great on a resume (who hasn't heard of MTV?), but it's also a great place to be if you're looking to gain meaningful real world experience. I was never asked to get anyone's coffee and only a few times was I asked to make copies.

Cons

The only real con I can think of is that it's in the middle of time square. Some may perceive this as a pro, but if you don't want to bump elbows with tons of tourists on your commute, then I would say it's a bit of a downside.

There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks