There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

Great opportunity for students currently enrolled in college.

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY
Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is amazing if you are put in the right area. Unless you are high level, dress code is very casual. As an intern, MTV really tries to immerse the student and gives them projects. Interns are supposed to help the company, not just get coffee. This makes for an awesome experience working in Times Square. The company also has different events that network interns and current employees.

Cons

No pay, they only give credit. This was hard for me because I had to commute everyday and I lost a lot of money on transportation.

Advice to Management

Teach interns the politics of the system and make sure they receive all of the e-mails about intern events.

reviews filtered by
  1. SO GREAT

I have been working at MTV Networks

Pros

OMG LIKE EVERYTHING. Free food. Nice Folks.

Cons

Not a thing. I was really quite happy.

Advice to Management

non. Great people. Great environment

Behind the times

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at MTV Networks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with, and a good working environment. Work hours are good, no long hours necessary. Interesting projects.

Cons

General lack of technical understanding amongst employees, but particularly upper management. All they understand is broadcast, and that's all they care about because that's what affects their bonuses. They don't understand social media, and they cut digital because the profit margins are (currently) lower than in broadcast. They can't see the freight train coming right at them, and they'll abandon their jobs or be fired because they couldn't visualize the future, but what do they care? They talk a good game, and pretend to care, but they talk out of both sides of their mouths. They got their bonuses and will leave the company struggling to survive. The company is not poised to succeed in the future digital world.

Advice to Management

Bonuses should reflect multi-year performance and creation of plans to adapt to changing technology in the digital world. Broadcast is changing, and it will not be in its current form in less than 10 years. Do you care? Nickelodeon should fire its management as they don't have a clue about digital.

There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks