There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

Very visible company, low internal promotion/mobility

Pros

It's a great resume builder and there are a ton of interesting projects. The benefits are awesome (fitness classes, great cafeteria, time off, etc).

Cons

They seem to favor hiring outside vs. within the company. A bit of grass is always greener syndrome. They've created a program to combat this, but many wonder if it's just for show. Hence, people leave and get promoted outside the company.

Advice to Management

Look to your current employees for promotions! Or at least pay your employees a proper promotion salary. That's why people leave.

Other Employee Reviews for MTV Networks

1. Greatest Job Ever

I worked at MTV Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working here. Environment was creative, there were no limits set on what you could brainstorm and then activate on. The folks were nice and at the time, the team I worked with felt like a family. Pay was average and hours could be long - I traveled a lot also but there are a lot of perks that come working there so it balanced out. Favorite job by far.

Cons

So many people it sometimes is hard to meet others in company.

2. Do your time, get a better job

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at MTV Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent money and good work experience. Work there long enough then go get a good job somewhere else. Summer Fridays are nice.

Cons

It is all about CYA and passing the buck. So many lame policies and rules. Can't get anything done due to middle management.