MTV Networks

Dream Internship

Current Employee - Intern
Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at MTV Networks

Pros

Mtv was so cool. We got to wear whatever classyish casual outift we wanted to. Every few weeks we would be excused from our duties for an hour to listen to a band. Celebrities were constantly dropping by for meetings. And you're working for a cool, hip, young network that actually can influence a generation.

Cons

For me the worst part was the Los Angeles Traffic- hello, 2 hour commute. But other than that as an intern you must obviously do all of the less than desired work load such as moving / packing boxes, organizing and mail duties--but none the less i loved the job

As an intern my manager was one person, my supervisor, and he did a fantastic job. As for the rest of the management i feel i had no insight for feedback.

376 Other Employee Reviews for MTV Networks (View Most Recent)

Good

Former Employee - Production Associate
    Former Employee - Production Associate

I worked at MTV Networks

Pros

Digital Oasis, being freelance, SOS, and Plug-in classes

Cons

The people, the gossip, the drama, this was totally high school all over again.

Re-evaluate why you are at the company and engage in open communication with your supervisors your goals and objectives in your current position.

Little pay, long hours, no advancement unless you are a salesperson.

Former Employee - Technical Support
    Former Employee - Technical Support

I worked at MTV Networks

Pros

Great benefits, great people and perks, fast paced and cutting edge.

Cons

Very top heavy in management, not enough advancement opportunities for anything but sales, poor pay structure for service related roles within the company, not enough communication or poor coommunication, people just burn out unless they are in a sales role, pay and commission are very generous in those roles.

Better communication, treat employees like people, allow more opportunities for advancement internally for support roles such as IT, administration etc.

There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks