MTV Networks

www.mtv.com
  www.mtv.com
There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

Most painful two years of my life

Former Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY
Former Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks

Pros

Flexible hours for the most part, minimal amount of work, lots of events and parties

Cons

Leadership has been in their same jobs for 10+ years, very limited business knowledge, only know the MTV way to do business, entitlement at VP level, lack of respect for employees below VP level, lots of yelling and blaming, lack of integrity, take credit for others work, speak down to employees, just an awful place to work if you have any business experience at all. If it's your first job, you can probably survive, but if you have any tenure of business experience, run.

Terminate the VP's in marketing; remove the entitled leaders and hire people who actually know how to run a business, NOT just MTV experience but true business experience, there are stale ideas and lack of creativity because of the same leaders in the same jobs for over a decade

371 Other Employee Reviews for MTV Networks (View Most Recent)

Eye-opening and a lot of fun!

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at MTV Networks

Pros

As an intern, MTVN staff are always willing to help you find experience in different areas of the company. Everyone treated me like a part of the team immediately, gave great feedback and always challenged me!

Cons

It is definitely a huge company and has that huge company mentality, it can be easy to get lost in the crowd.

Just to continue doing what they're doing. I felt very connected and cared for the entire time I was there.

Decent place to work

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at MTV Networks

Pros

Young casual atomosphere. Energizing. Chance for career growth if you are willing to work for it.

Cons

Pay is medicore even on the low side. Fast paced level of work output is expected.

Increased incentives such as lager and more frequent pay raises and more opportunity for work life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks