MV Transportation

www.mvtransit.com
There are newer employer reviews for MV Transportation

Former trainee Fairfield, CA

I worked at MV Transportation

Pros

Training program is excellent. You learn a lot of quality driving techniques that you never thought of. Training program is very thorough.

Cons

They claim to preach "safety over schedule" and while some genuinely practice it, there are those who preach it yet have no problem riding you for being late. I get that passengers have time that is valuable but if you're going to preach "safety over schedule," don't harp on being late.

I left because I had an opportunity to eliminate a commute otherwise it was a good experience but in interview please can the "would you give me the keys to your house?" line. Sorry, I have to know you well before I go that far. Horrible analogy.

72 Other Employee Reviews for MV Transportation (View Most Recent)

Company is not up to par with salary for Bus operators and Union sucks...anything goes.

Current Employee - Bus Driver in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Bus Driver in Livermore, CA

I have been working at MV Transportation part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Getting experience as a driver for a bus.

Cons

Training is not detailed as it should be. The pay rate is below bay area salary for bus drivers. The hours are very sporadic, inconsistent, and most times not enough.

Consider the Drivers because their job is why you have one.

Below earning a Living wage

I have been working at MV Transportation

Pros

Better then setting at home

Cons

If MV paid a living wage for the Los Angeles area they would persuade more drivers to respect the company. I don’t understand what they are giving us in the health benefit package as I can find with little effort
    Better health plans with much lower cost such as the one Costco offers to the public, that is there when you want it not when MV decides you get it and I don’t understand why MV offers such a bad health plan when anyone can do better finding one on there own.

Don’t treat your drivers like children

There are newer employer reviews for MV Transportation