MVP Health Care
www.mvphealthcare.com Schenectady, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Overall a good experience. Definitely some drawbacks.

Rochester, NY

I have been working at MVP Health Care

Pros99.9% of all the employees are extremely nice.
In office gym.
Free parking in garage.
Laundry service if you are in HQ.

ConsYou are expected to work overtime whenever needed (they don't ask you if it's okay, you just have to do it). This is fine for me personally but some people may not like it.

There are some extremely lazy people in IT (where I worked) that will let their tickets sit in their queue for well over a month making our end users go crazy that their tickets haven't been resolved. These people also will not even try to assist you (or point you in the right direction) if what you need is even slightly out of their "job description". There are very few of these "lazy people" but they should be dealt with.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall I feel the leadership at MVP has the right idea. They treat their employees well and offer very nice perks.

Communication is one-way: downward

IT Dept Member (Former Employee)
Rochester, NY

I worked at MVP Health Care

Pros: - Benefits could be better, but overall they are not bad compared with other companies - Colleagues are… Cons: - Sr. mgt. seems to lack direction, creating a state of disarray and acrimony among mid-level managers, which gets transferred down to project managers who… Advice to Senior Management: You are managing from a state of fear. Don't let healthcare reform rule you. Be proactive about making plans and stop acting like… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

unprofessional, management pretends there are no problems

Software Developer (Former Employee)
Schenectady, NY

I worked at MVP Health Care

Pros: Employee Cafeteria, Free coffee and cocoa. Nice location in Schenectady. Good benefits.Management holds… Cons: dysfunctional work environment. Hostility between management and staff. Management is unable to face problems and… Advice to Senior Management: Management staff is poorly trained. Not very strong in leadership skills. not team players. Self-oriented. Needs training… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on MVP Health Care.

Worked for MVP Health Care? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MVP Health Care reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MVP Health Care CEO Denise Gonick. All reviews posted anonymously by MVP Health Care employees.