There are newer employer reviews for MVP Health Care

MVP -- a great place to make a difference.

Current Employee - IT Manager in Albany, NY
Current Employee - IT Manager in Albany, NY

Pros

MVP is a not for profit health care insurance company focused on being an active member of the community they service and providing value to all members while remaining a strong, viable, regional player in the field of health insurance. Senior management has a focus on a future for the company and the communities we serve. Working at MVP is more than just a job it's an opportunity to make a contribution to the health and wellness of the region I live, work and play in. MVP recognizes results, demands honesty and strives for excellence. MVP has provided the opportunity to work in a team environment to get the job done and make a real difference.

Cons

The work is work. The hours can be long. Sometimes the amount of projects on the plate seems very large -- sometimes management has been accused of "having never met a project they didn't like". MVP is also a small company moving to be a mid sized company and experiencing the growth pains and opportunities that go along with making that transition. We still have some inefficiencies and risks of small size companies on top of more inefficiencies of becoming a larger entity. Our team at MVP will be challenged by making that transition and trying to gain the benefits of size while holding on to the best parts of what makes MVP a great place to work. I believe we will make the transition but realize that it's an uphill battle some days.

Advice to Management

Articulate vision, stay the course and keep leading.

Other Employee Reviews for MVP Health Care

1. Overview

I worked at MVP Health Care full-time

Pros

good benefits and nice people

Cons

Very slow and conservative culture. Have tried to invest in personnel, but still don't know how to retain talents. Not a good environment for people who really want to add value and make diffferences. Good for those who look for a retirement destiny.

Advice to Management

Open your mind to see outside of upstate NY and outside of insurance industry.

I would NOT recommend this employer!

Pros

Company as a whole invests a lot n their employees, and does care about them, however, that is not the case in the IT department. PTO (Paid Time Off) is generous.

Cons

Lack of leadership from management, I believe I had better managment at Burger King. Management is technically incompetant and untrusting, therefore they reward the 'Yes' men leaving all others behind. The 'Forced Ranking' promotes anything but team work. It promotes back stabbing and gloating. It is a very micro-managed, 'hostile' environment, and because of that morale is terrible. Performance Reviews are constructed to reward the 'Yes' men and because of forced ranking and people have to be on the 'bottom', the others are fabricated accordingly. If you are passionate about your work, and enjoy contributing, this is NOT the place for you.

Advice to Management

Find another profession