Mac-Gray

www.mac-gray.com

Stepping Stone or Just Stay Away

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsThe benefits are okay. They use PTO (personal time off) instead of vacation time, this is a major plus; offer tuition reimbursement after a year of employment, 401K with employer matching (there is a vested schedule and I think you get 100% matching after 6 years), and the Health Insurance is 80/20, although not the best insurance coverage. They are somewhat flexible with schedules, but I think it depends on the department and the person in charge.

ConsNot really any room for advancement or professional growth. Most positions seems to be pretty much administrative, not much middle management. There is absolutely no communication in the corporate office, or between the corporate offices and the branch offices throughout the country. HR is pretty much non-existent, there are no kind of team building or corporate outings to, no real corporate culture, mostly each department does their own thing and doesn't know what the other departments do, not much acknowledgment of employees and the work they do (I don't even think the executives really know what their employees do), employees are not asked to be involved much or asked for their ideas. I don't see much job satisfaction, but some do. This is a good place to work if you don't like to be challenged, don't care about advancing your career and basically just want to go to work, do a mundane job and go home. I guess it is a good place to start to get some experience in an office and then move on to much better things. Many jobs do not translate to jobs outside of this company. Be warned, salaries start low and raises are a standard 3% with not much opportunity for much more, this company cares more about the bottom line and retaining good employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the way employees are treated. Not that they are treated badly, just not acknowledged, rewarded, involved much in the company (offer a way employees can let management know what is not working well and ideas on how it can be improved). There needs to be some kind of employee corporate outing and/or team building, show employees you appreciate them (and the lame Christmas parties do not count).

Wish I would have known how good I had it

I have been working at Mac-Gray full-time

Pros: Technically up to speed, for a laundry company. Great marketing team,… Cons: Sold out to Largest competitor.... sad day. They aren't as up to speed with… Advice to Senior Management: When going through a merger, don't send out 3 annoucements every week letting everyone know that you have promoted yet another one of your own… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company, great people!

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

I have been working at Mac-Gray full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Exceptional group of people to work with within the department… Cons: There were definitely times when I was disappointed with the communication level. Sometimes it… More
There are newer reviews on Mac-Gray.

Worked for Mac-Gray? Contribute to the Community!