Macalester College
www.macalester.edu Saint Paul, MN 500 to 999 Employees

Great environment to work in!

IT Staff (Current Employee)

Pros-Because the staff size is small, there is a great variety of interesting opportunities and projects to work on.

-The organizational structure is excellent, there is a lot of 'cross-pollination' between units (ie, few turf wars), and the people with whom I work are professional and fun to be around.

-You can't beat the benefits, the location, and the work hours (8-4:30).

-The College has a very robust financial standing, so there is no worry of layoffs or benefit cuts.

Cons-You do give up some salary premium to have the benefits, but I feel that they are more than made up for in the quality of life. Plus, there is a tuition benefit for staff children that pays for their tuition at Macalester or other ACTC and ACM institutions.

Advice to Senior Management-As the other reviewer stated, I would encourage management to look within when promoting.

Preceptor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Macalester College

Pros: You learn a lot and stay busy Cons: I really liked my experience More

Great

Building Manager (Former Employee)
    Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Macalester College part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The environment is very open-minded. Cons: There were really no cons to this place. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Macalester College.

Worked for Macalester College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macalester College reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macalester College CEO Brian C. Rosenberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Macalester College employees.