www.macf.com
  www.macf.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macfadden

Current Employee - Environmental Data Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Environmental Data Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Macfadden full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have nice staff, and working with them is a good experience.

Cons

The health plan is not that great and their flex spending plan is only $2500 which is not enough.

Offer management courses for your employees to advance to and change the flex spending cap.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Macfadden (View Most Recent)

Mismanaged company, a joke of a leadership team.

I have been working at Macfadden full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Close to a metro station.

Cons

One of the most unethical companies I've ever worked for. Do yourself a favor and do not consider interviewing or taking a job here. I am on my way out the door.

The executive team and senior leadership are barely keeping their heads above water with their lack of knowledge of how to run a company let alone manage personnel. The turnover rate is abhorrently high--a lot of hardworking and smart individuals have left on their own accord due to the extreme lack of accountability here and "pointing fingers" mentality. It is a door-shut and whispers-in-the-hallway culture that breeds insecurity.

Decent USAID Institutional Contractor

Current Employee - Information Specialist/Officer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Information Specialist/Officer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Macfadden full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Macfadden provides decent benefits. The work is often interesting with lots of opportunities to travel under the USAID/OFDA contract and work on a variety of humanitarian responses. The staff at USAID/OFDA are very engaging and friendly people (as an information officer, I have more working contact with USAID/OFDA staff than with staff from Macfadden).

Cons

Disorganized and often unresponsive HR.

For information specialist position: Long hours under the USAID/OFDA contract. Not much forewarning for deployments overseas.

Push back on unreasonable demands from USAID. The current mantra is "please the client" (i.e. USAID), even when staff are burned out, resulting in high turn-over.

Provide overtime compensation across the board for people working under the USAID/OFDA contract.

There are newer employer reviews for Macfadden