There are newer employer reviews for Mackin Educational Resources

A very fun and great time.

Former Employee - Processor
Former Employee - Processor

I worked at Mackin Educational Resources

Pros

It was a really fun place to work, the people were very nice and the pay was what i was looking for in a first job.

Cons

It was a little cold in the building, but it didn't bother me too much. That is the only complaint i have.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, I loved working there and I would come back if I could get payed more. Thank you.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Terrible management, terrible pay, hostile environment

Former Employee - Librarian
    Former Employee - Librarian

I worked at Mackin Educational Resources part-time

Pros

Flexibility if management likes you.

Many of the regular employees are nice.

Cons

The pay is terrible, especially for anyone with a college or higher degree.

Those not in strict compliance with unsaid rules are watched closely, leading to a lot of paranoia about losing your job. People suddenly are laid off without explanation and management tries to pretend those people never existed. New people appear suddenly and are never introduced.

Inappropriate religious comments and praying at company-wide events. Also received an email requesting I vote for a specific candidate.

Company changed its name without informing all employees.

Training is terrible and provided sporadically. Any desire to educate oneself in the field beyond what the owner's think is necessary (which is nothing beyond what you walked into the building with) is not provided.

The technology is laughable. Any suggestions to make one's job easier in regard to software takes months if not years to get done.

Advancement given to those that ownership likes and feels they can control rather than those that would do the job well.

Unequal pay for equal work.

There is no communication from ownership about anything other than "everything is great/work hard/inappropriate praying" or being told you are not doing well or breaking rules.

Advice to Management

Need to rethink how they run the people-side of their business. Cultivate employees instead of treating them as disposable commodities. Also, start paying men and women the same wage before that catches up with you.

Respect for you as a professional

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Mackin Educational Resources full-time

Pros

Great environment where I'm treated as a knowledgeable professional in my area of expertise. It is nice to know that my efforts are appreciated and help to contribute to this company's continual growth. It's a respected company that has a great position in the marketplace.

Cons

It's an extremely busy environment and too often groups function without a lot of inter communication.

Advice to Management

Continue to find new ways to stimulate and build the teams internally.