There are newer employer reviews for Mackin Educational Resources

A very fun and great time.

Former Employee - Processor
Former Employee - Processor

I worked at Mackin Educational Resources

Pros

It was a really fun place to work, the people were very nice and the pay was what i was looking for in a first job.

Cons

It was a little cold in the building, but it didn't bother me too much. That is the only complaint i have.

Keep it up, I loved working there and I would come back if I could get payed more. Thank you.

reviews filtered by
  1. Slow progression in technology and market trends.

I worked at Mackin Educational Resources

Pros

Coworkers were friendly, supportive and great to work with. There was a true team spirit in my department where everyone was available to help where they can when things got backed up. Small company which gave opportunity for individuals to wear multiple hats and pick up different skills; a good place to gain work experience.

Cons

Technology is behind and changes were slow to get implemented. Too much focus on insignificant details which prohibited work to get done in a timely manner. Not much room for career growth and advancement. If looking to stay competitive in technology and market trends, this place has the potential with their staff but is being held back by company veterans and their resistance to changing their 'old ways'.

Trust the staff and welcome team members to contribute their skills and fresh ideas to the company. Let them be the experts in their field, give them ownership of their work and entrust that philosophy on senior staff members.

Time to find a new job!

I have been working at Mackin Educational Resources part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Not usually a big deal to get time off. Having a hard time coming up with a 20 word minimum on the PROS of working here.

Cons

Very low pay. Everyone gets a raise, or no one gets one. Raises are based upon how well the company is doing and not an individual's job performance. Not everyone is treated equal. A lot of spying and talking behind employees backs. They like to accuse you of something before knowing the facts and it is up to you to prove your innocence. HR department is very biased and gives certain people within the company permission to do whatever they want. Certain department managers will go out of their way to stick their noses into other departments. Rules don't apply to everyone. Certain department managers will run to HR dept. with complaints about individuals while breaking the same rules themselves and nothing is done about it. Certain department managers like to think they have their own personal parking spot and will throw a fit if anyone parks there. Employees are not allowed to walk through certain departments because of distracting their workers. If you are seen going out to the parking lot at any time, you will be accused of doing so while still on the clock.

Grow with the company. Quit paying people what would've been considered a decent wage back in 1985 and realize that your employees need more than that to live off. Don't let the HR department make all your decisions. Have some faith and trust in your employees before you lose them. Instead of the all or none approach on raises, start giving them based on an individual's job performance, otherwise it's not fair that even employees that aren't pulling their weight are getting the same reward. I've been with the company over 12 years and I would love to see some proof that you care about your employees, not just some of them....ALL OF THEM!

There are newer employer reviews for Mackin Educational Resources