Macquarie Group
www.macquarie.com Sydney, Australia 5000+ Employees

Horrible

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat place for incompetent employees to hide in the machinery. Professional slugs can disappear into a vacuum, where management tries to measure performance by TPS reports, rather than actually knowing the capabilities of their employees.
Good place to start, if you can get by the suspicious HR/testing process for interviewing. Good candidates are often sent away.

ConsManagement consists of cut-throat Australian employees looking to make a name for themselves. U.S. employees are considered second-rate. Management fads are ten years behind the times. Use of technology is ten years behind the times. Employees are distrusted and replaceable. Processes matter, people do not.
Would not recommend to my worst enemy.
Politics are very thick, but mostly behind the scenes.
Management not able to distinguish advanced accomplishment from bench-warming.
Very frustrating environment. Employee opinions not valued.
Looking for new employment...

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize than individual contributions DO matter. Find a way to see the individual. Hint: it's not from fifty thousand feet up through time sheet reports.

Poorly run investment bank-wannabe

Managing Director (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Macquarie Group full-time

Pros: Well stocked kitchen and pantry. Free breakfast cereals/milk. Cons: Very Australian centric business. Expat Aussies make all important decisions, and Americans are thoroughly distrusted. Management tries to cut costs constantly, nickel and diming at… Advice to Senior Management: Clean out expat Aussie management, and hire locals - they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A lot of potential, but hard to get anything done!.

Associate Director (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Macquarie Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Strong background and history. Strong balance sheet. Cons: Very laid back and burocratic. Not prone to take up… Advice to Senior Management: Need to be proactive and agile. Its a great place with lot of potential… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Macquarie Group.

Worked for Macquarie Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macquarie Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macquarie Group CEO Nicholas W. Moore. All reviews posted anonymously by Macquarie Group employees.