There are newer employer reviews for Macquarium

This is a dead-end company that is hanging on by a thread.

I have been working at Macquarium

Pros

Very good quality of life. They will let me go home or take vacation anytime I want. Come and go as you see fit.

Cons

Management is absent. The place is a ghost-town. Nobody cares and nobody knows what to care about.

I see new people coming in after having been told false things about what it's like here, what we do, how we work and how to succeed. It's unfair to these new employees to see them get so disappointed on week two.

Listen to your employees. Drop the veil on all these secretive charades that are being played in the company. Stop acting like a multi-million dollar consulting firm when we're really just a staffing firm.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Macquarium (View Most Recent)

Lost company

I have been working at Macquarium

Pros

Good flex time and some good people. Clients have been pretty good, but not all. Even though there is inconsistent knowledge about it, UX seems to be a good specialty for the firm.

Cons

Company lacks vision and ability to execute what many of the employees agree they need. Employees are talented people. Leadership is lost and model is backwards. Ultimately it's a company that lacks style. Just a disappointment all around. Culture is the worst...

Listen to employees. Learn about UX. Replace some of the executive team. Work on your brand. The pretty basic stuff is not mastered, yet you have some good people... Culture.. Where do I begin? Most employees are looking for other jobs--in a good economy, you would have no retention..

Not a good place for developers

Current Employee - Web Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Macquarium

Pros

Telecommute Wednesdays, opportunity to work on many different projects for different clients, close to midtown location, diverse employees, several very nice people.

Cons

Reputation for being a sweatshop, provide inaccurate estimates to get clients then developers swallow the unestimated hours. I put in a few 80 hour weeks, and management once told the company that they "own our ass" for 50 hours per week. Nah, you don't own anybody slavery ended over 100 years ago. Environment is noisy and distracting. I've also seen a lot of crappy code (while appearing visually stunning) be delivered to the client.

There ain't no way in hell that you own anybody. You need to have more respect for your developers.

There are newer employer reviews for Macquarium