Macy's

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bronx, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

Fun and understanding supervisors who are fair.

Cons

Health benefits are not up to par.

N/A

5116 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Really Fun and Fast pace place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Metairie, LA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Metairie, LA

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Discount is amazing!!!
    Job is pretty laid back and fun

Cons

Always working a weekend and holiday

Horrible Assistant Managers - Macy's - Firewheel - Garland Texas

Current Employee - Sales Associate In Macy's in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate In Macy's in Garland, TX

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

Co workers were very nice and helpful for new employees. Customers was pleasurable to help, except for when Macy's have theirs super sales, then a lot of custombers want to know whay Macy's, as a corporation, can do for them. What nerve?

Cons

The two female assistant managers were very controling and expected you to be able to do everything all at the same time. Repremanded you if you didn't chase down every customer, but yet when you attempted to chase down the customers, then the manager jumped down your throat for not getting the dressing rooms cleaned up at all times. I never received any praise for working hard for such little wages. Frankly I could not believe the whopping $8.00 they were paying me. I was an on call employee which was to allow you to choose your own hours and this worked out fine except when you can't work on "their required" days, like Black Friday. I wasn't told this when I hired on and when I was unable to work because my regular 40 hour a week required me to work, needless to say I no longer work there. I just quit picking up hours. It's a good thing this job was for extra money and I wasn't dependent on this income.

The store manager was very pleasant to work for along with the two male assisnt managers. So my advise would be for these two female assistan managers pay attention to how the male managers handle themselves and act accordingly or for upper managment replace these two managers. I don't see that happening.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's