There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Hard work, always busy, sometimes offered overtime

Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in New York, NY
Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in New York, NY

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Pay was better than some office jobs I've worked in. Manager was very appreciative of all my hard work. Overtime was offered during the holidays. Very active job.

Cons

Its retail. No downtime. Always on the go. If in a mall you feel like you are stuck in a dungeon. Retail in general is nuts between the hours, no benefits, and no growth opportunities. Discount stinks and you have to have a macys CC or buy a prepaid card to get discount.

Keep the visual shop more organized.

4885 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Overwhelming workload which creates hostile customers.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

You're able to manage your schedule online which allows you to pick up or give away hours very easily.

Cons

Macy's seems to be more concerned with sales than customer care which makes it hard.

Try to get corporate to allow for more hours so that Macy's doesnt look like ROSS.

Great for the first 3 weeks and then horrible

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Employee Discounts, Fair pay, willing to give a lot of hours, if you are willing to work hard they are willing to help you be better!

Cons

Unethical Business in that they pressure employees to skip their breaks "No, you can't go on break even though you have been here 8 hours.", stay after their scheduled shift (And I don't mean "we really need help." or "Would you be willing?" it's "You may not leave." or "We have been here X amount of hours you can pull a few more.", and just generally treat their employees like crap.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's