There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

There is too much emphasize on opening new star reward accounts and scorecards for very little salary.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Broomfield, CO
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

The associates are nice and fun to work with and the quality of the merchandise is above average. There is an extra employee discount and benefits are offered.

Cons

Sales goals are made and everyone tries to get to the register so they can make their goal. Not a culture of "team player" but one of competition and rewards to those who can make customers sign up for credit cards.

Advice to Management

There should be a way that we are encouraged to work as a team not against each other. The salary should be higher for a higher quality employee.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Hard work, always busy, sometimes offered overtime

Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in New York, NY

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Pay was better than some office jobs I've worked in. Manager was very appreciative of all my hard work. Overtime was offered during the holidays. Very active job.

Cons

Its retail. No downtime. Always on the go. If in a mall you feel like you are stuck in a dungeon. Retail in general is nuts between the hours, no benefits, and no growth opportunities. Discount stinks and you have to have a macys CC or buy a prepaid card to get discount.

Advice to Management

Keep the visual shop more organized.

2. Overwhelming workload which creates hostile customers.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

You're able to manage your schedule online which allows you to pick up or give away hours very easily.

Cons

Macy's seems to be more concerned with sales than customer care which makes it hard.

Advice to Management

Try to get corporate to allow for more hours so that Macy's doesnt look like ROSS.