it was good

Current Employee - Receiving
Current Employee - Receiving

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

there was a lot of hours that we would get during the holidays. I even got to work overtime one week.

Cons

When it is not the holidays, usually around february through like around may there is a little bit of hours.

Advice to Management

Working in the receiving department is very hard work and very physical work. I think they should pay the receiving department a lot more.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great atmosphere

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

The opportunity for advancement is very good. There are a lot of ways to find out about job postings. Managers help you advance.

Cons

Hours during the holidays can be hard. Customers sometimes have horrible things to say to associates. Communication on certain things isn't always the best.

2. Hard work but lots of opportunity.

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

I enjoy the different aspects of the job. I get to meet people from all over the world. I get to influence young people and help develop a good work ethic in them.

Cons

The sale days with pries changing on a daily basis. Trying to keep signs accurate and merchandise in the right place so customers don't get confused and upset.

Advice to Management

I think the pricing structure should change. Permanent markdowns are OK but the constant change up and down on Macy's brands is confusing many customers and the biggest cause for customer dissatisfaction.