Macy's

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Fosters Growth

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

Great environment and energy. The company supports new ideas and pushes for collaborations between groups.

Cons

The company promotes quickly which doesn't allow some employees to get a full grasp of their responsibilities and putting them in a position where they must train others without full knowledge of the process and workload.

Understand the positions/teams. The company is currently growing at a fast pace and we are pushing people forward that may need some more time to develop.

5472 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

I loved it it was a great place to work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in North Bend, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in North Bend, OR

I worked at Macy's

Pros

The managers really go out of their way to help you be the vary best you can. Lots of positive feedback, as well as constructive criticism. Great customers. Employee discounts. Benefits. And it's a really fun place to work

Cons

For the most part you're on your feet all day. Also there is a dress code so you may need to update your wardrobe to include lots of black pieces.

You are absolutely the best managers I've ever worked for! I loved my job, and I was great at it, but only because you encouraged and believed in me. You never made feel like I was wasting your time when ever I requested help or asked a question.

Interesting, fast paced environment with opportunity for growth.

Former Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Opportunity for career advancement, 2 weekends off month, higher salary than other MAcy's.

Cons

Chaotic at times, high turn over rate. I was disgusted by some of the negative tactics used by some mgr's - definitely not in line with Macy's mgmt policies.

Stick to PACT coaching; stop threatening new hires - offer positive coaching

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's