There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Competitive. All they care about is money.

Current Employee - Sales Associate- Commission  in  Wayne, NJ
Current Employee - Sales Associate- Commission in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Macy's full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like the business principles

Cons

Little pay for hard work

Make it better pay

4741 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

good first job

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros

if you like to sell and work with people, then this is your place.

Cons

my first day was on black friday and i was king of just thrown out there. I didnt know how to do returns, or work that well on the register, not to mention i was never shown how to use the phone to transfer or approve macy's cards etc. Very little training goes on before your put out on the floor

As a flex team member, the hours I spent at Macy's were usually painfully dull and the customers generally unpleasant.

Current Employee - Flex Team  in  Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Flex Team in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

Working at a big, familiar American company is kind of cool. Scheduling, paychecks, etc. done online for your convenience (although Insite, the website, is often slow and unruly). There is an employee discount, but you can only use it through your Macy's card account that you are obligated to open.

Cons

"Sales Goals" sometimes unrealistic, and you don't even get paid on commission. You are forced to constantly ask people to open a Macy's account, which most people don't want or need. If you have no customers, you are expected to walk around for hours and make sure everything is in perfect order. Sometimes other employees get pretty cutthroat and steal customers from you just to meet their sales goals/Macy's account requirements.

Make sure Flex team members are caught up on new training materials. Often there would be new sales/promotions going on that nobody explained to me when I would come in for work one day. Also, how are sales goals decided and why are they often unfair? It's discouraging to have an unrealistic sales goal that will lower my employee scorecard.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!