Macy's

www.macysinc.com

Thanks for the memories

Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser  in  West Melbourne, FL
Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in West Melbourne, FL

Pros

Great group of co-workers; company discount, appreciable benefits of you're fortunate enough to have worked for the compamy before their restructuring or somehow finagle a full-time current position

Cons

Like any organization, favoritism abounds. Some who've worked there as little as 6 months get on the fast track to promotion (and actually have positions created just for them) and others (such as yours truly) work for the company for over 5 years with great yearly reviews and regular salary increases but no advancement even when requests are made by the individual for more responsibility and more challenge.

Get with the program and acknowledge those who take the time to learn their jobs. The turnover rate is rapid and costly. Guard against petty dictators; they create negativity. And put peopel in chargw who actually know something!

Other reviews for Macy's

STARS

Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

One of the most popular brands in the world. Working in the flagship store is incredible, no place like it in the world

Cons

Sometimes it's so busy (who am I kidding, all the time) it's hard to catch your breath, or see soe of the exciting things that are going on

It should never be about who you know in this company. one should get advancement on their merits. not to say that some don't, but I've notice some go further b/c of who they know

Only a few months and I love this place!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I work at a great location in a very high end mall. If I didn't have this location, I think I would not have such a great experience. I was lucky to end up in Women's Ready to Wear, which I like, but I also can pick up shifts just about anywhere in the store. All of the paycheck information and scheduling is done online, so you don't have to worry about going to a manager every time you need to make a change. You get a 20% employee discount that you can combine with any other sales going on in the store, so you can be guaranteed to find the best deals if you keep your eye out. The management at my store is great and everyone is so encouraging! They are always helpful and have been understanding when I have made newbie mistakes.

Cons

My last job was sitting at a desk all day, so it was hard on my feet making the transition to working 8 hour shifts standing the whole time. There is a morning rally each morning before opening, but if you don't work an opening shift, you miss out on learning what sales are going on for that day (I have learned to pay attention to the Macy's commercials on tv and the radio to learn about sales).

I would just say to have a better plan to let associates know what sales are going on. It's not good when a customer knows more about the sale than you do :)

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!