Fun and Challenging

Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, staff, and managers. I enjoyed my job and looked forward to working most days. I had great managers that gave feedback and wanted to help me grow.

Cons

Schedules where a little difficult as they where unpredictable. Long hours and six day work weeks during holiday hours. The eic phone was the worst. Essentially you where the manager on the floor and in my experience was hard in such a big store.

Advice to Management

Having a similar schedule that is offered to the associates work for the managers as well.?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I wish I would have known before accepting employment here...

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Somewhat good employee discounts- 20% off clothing Schedule system- I like that we can choose whether to pick up available hours

Cons

-Little to no hours- You are only scheduled up to 20 hrs, and as little as 6 hrs a week and there are hardly any of them to pick up. -Inconsistent discounts - usually WAY less than 20% in other departments -Rude management- Management staff will talk down on you because they believe that they know just about everything when they don't. I cannot tell you how many times I've felt like less than a person because the management staff talks down to me, their tone of voice is belittling. At the end of the day, the only thing they are concerned with are 2 things: If you made your sales goal, and if you got your credits. -Little to no direction- Some days your in your area alone, even on crowded sale days. Then cusomters complain that your the only person there and the line is long.

Advice to Management

Value your sales associates, treat them like people instead of machines.

20yr Employee has had it with Macy's! Many long-time employees forced to resign or looking for new jobs.

Current Employee - Store Support in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Store Support in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employee discount Generous vacation and holidays

Cons

Not enough sales associates on floor during major sales. No way to advance unless you are chosen for the "fast track" Management heavy Store is cleaned by outside crew in the dark before store opening and is filthy. Instore VPSM is a puppet, as are most executives, without any real thought or insight of their own Support department works circles around selling managers and VPSM HR is a joke with their Employee Engagement Survey...results in low 70s in our store...and they were shocked? Hello! Several talented and committed employees have left or are leaving Once you hit your salary cap...no incentives, just Magic cards (worthless)

Advice to Management

Get a clue from the customer and employee comments you pay someone to gather for you...you need to start putting your customers and employees first. You need to make changes that really matter. Morale is at an all time low. I no longer feel proud to work for your organization and would discourage anyone from seeking a job with this company in the near future.