Macy's
2.9 of 5 4,168 reviews
www.macysinc.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Part-time Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

ProsMacy's offers decent pay for a part-time retail job, clothing discounts and ability to transfer stores if need be. I've known people to move up to corporate after working part-time for a store for a few years.

ConsTurnover is quite common, there are a lot of season employees and hours can often be hard to come by if you are looking to work closer to full time you often have to negotiate with your co-workers. If you manage to get on a good team where everyone does equally good work, you are lucky, but if you have a bad egg who just sits at the register to ring up sales and meet goals, don't expect management to help much.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your staff as if they aren't disposable and you might get better sales and results.

Best Place to Work

Buyer (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Macy's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Inspires their employees to bring forward their ideas. Great opportunities… Cons: Pay could be better and a nice bonus would've been great.… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the work with giving your employees the openness… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Macy's work environment is toxic...it was a great place to work before Macy's bought out the May Co Stores...

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Macy's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: discount some of the employees were nice to work with Cons: Experienced Area Sales Managers and Sales associates with more than 5 years have been systematically fired or forced out because they want all the employees… Advice to Senior Management: Train your people better. Treat employees with respect and not like children. Add more hours, cutting them to the bone does NOT help… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macy's CEO Terry J. Lundgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees.