Macy's

www.macysinc.com

Manager

Former Employee - Manager  in  Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

Pros

At this job I worked with friendly people and enjoyed the variety of hours. I am not a morning person so I preferred the closing shift. This was a great experience managing people.I enjoyed helping friendly customers.

Cons

Some customers can be hard to deal with. On slower days it can get boring. On busy days the amount of go back merchandise can be overwhlming.

Overall this was a good job.

Other reviews for Macy's

Okay.

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

Employee discount was reasonable, no complaints about work environment.

Cons

Pay felt quite low for my experience, but I attribute this largely to the recession.

Pay well to get and keep great employees.

Great company, Not the best location

Former Employee - Sales Associate In Macy's  in  Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate In Macy's in Monterey, CA

Pros

Payday on friday, great co-workers, many great customers. The hours were pretty consistent and I felt that I had a good time working with others.

Cons

Demographically disproportionate to the customer base, The merchandising was catering to the wealthy elderly citizens of the community and not really anyone else. There wasn't anything decent for a young adult that felt good or looked good on. The management was very disorganized and unfair to its employees compared to what I had heard about other stores.

With the amount of dedication people showed to their jobs, I feel that a little more leniancy needed to be given during times that weren't as busy so that people could have their vacation requests handled. I think that the hours were decent but some who needed more or less weren't always represented or acknowledged.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!