There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

LOVE working for Macy's

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, WA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

My managers are nice and helpful, lots of fun incentives and games, lots of training to help you reach your goals, friendly associates, good hours plus I can pick up extra hours, they like hiring in company so great opportunities to advance, the company does great things for charities, they don't care about tattoos or piercings.

Cons

Not enough coverage for big sales, sales goals are sometimes unreachable, it does get a bit gossipy between associates, sometimes you get scheduled very short shifts (3 hour), started at minimum wage.

Make sure each area is staffed.

4924 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

long hours, nice working environment

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Macy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

people are nice, clean environment, training is quite thorough and self explanatory. you are not obligated to work extra hours if it is shorthanded. nice discount, at certain times of the year you get extra discounts as well. the more you sell, the more make.

Cons

long working hours, even if you're a student. No wiggle room for those who have go to school. They do not care about school. Raises are only once a year and the management are not very personal. It is hard to speak with them and they are not friendly.

Learn to be more friendly and helpful

Enjoy working as a commissioned sales associate

Current Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Macy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Macy's is a great place to work with good benefits. The majority of the department managers I've worked under are fair and easy to work for. I enjoy the fast pace and doing my best to help customers. Great coworkers also. Love the discounts!

Cons

Base salary for sales associates is very low, beginning at minimum wage with just $0.25 raises each year. Commissioned jobs are better, but still not enough. I average only $9.50 an hour. Department managers are overworked and stressed. Sales associates are often overworked, especially in the clothing areas, and are only rated on how well they meet their sales goal, and nothing else. Dressing rooms are constantly messy because we are understaffed and the restrooms are frequently disgusting.

Do not rate sales associates only on their sales goals. The ones that are on top with sales goals are often also the slackers that don't do any recovery or back stockroom work. They leave the mess for others to clean up. Hire recovery workers all year round to help with the messy dressing rooms and floors. Hire more workers to clean rest rooms, mirrors and fixtures.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's