Macy's

www.macysjobs.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

long hours, nice working environment

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Macy's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

people are nice, clean environment, training is quite thorough and self explanatory. you are not obligated to work extra hours if it is shorthanded. nice discount, at certain times of the year you get extra discounts as well. the more you sell, the more make.

Cons

long working hours, even if you're a student. No wiggle room for those who have go to school. They do not care about school. Raises are only once a year and the management are not very personal. It is hard to speak with them and they are not friendly.

Learn to be more friendly and helpful

5787 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Unless you have a lot retail experience, don't work here.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Glendale, CA

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Was in an interesting area of the store.
    Liked making my own schedule.

Cons

No training, had to learn everything on my own which was fine since I learn well that way!
    Coworkers not helpful and would openly say "I am not helping you" and tried to steal commission.

Even if it is a busy time of the year, please give feedback and here your employees side of the story. Also don't rely so much on peoples coworkers teaching them. They may be good sales people, but may be lousy teachers.

Downwardly Mobile

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Christiana, DE
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Christiana, DE

I have been working at Macy's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Sales jobs at macys help employees develop the ability to interact with customers in ways that cannot be learned anyywhere but in a fast paced many customer environment. If an employee is intellecutally curious (most are not) they can learn significant knowledge about products,production, pricing, and human behaviour. To do this one must think for oneself and not believe all the company propaganda as truth.

Cons

Management is attempting to save on long term employment costs by firing as many people as possible via methods such as strict time keeping standards that do not accept doctors notes, show storms, family death as excuses. Employees are often treated in demeaning manners. Store manager Kathy Weaver was so vile in her treatment of people in our store that many worked on the selling floor in tears. She threatened to fire people almost daily. Weaver also strictly rationed food at company events. Employees were constantly monitored. Extreme favoritism. Macy's only wants newly hired people. The longer that one works there, the worse that they are treated. Management bonuses maximized at government expense. They take the tax incentives to hire new people , pay very little, and push experienced tenured people to the door. Payroll costs go down, bonuses go up, and more of our staff are on medicaid & food stamps. We have had homeless people on staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's