Macy's
2.9 of 5 3,582 reviews
www.macysinc.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

long hours, nice working environment

Beauty Advisor (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Prospeople are nice, clean environment, training is quite thorough and self explanatory. you are not obligated to work extra hours if it is shorthanded. nice discount, at certain times of the year you get extra discounts as well. the more you sell, the more make.

Conslong working hours, even if you're a student. No wiggle room for those who have go to school. They do not care about school. Raises are only once a year and the management are not very personal. It is hard to speak with them and they are not friendly.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be more friendly and helpful

Enjoy working as a commissioned sales associate

Commissioned Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Macy's full-time for more than a year

Pros: Macy's is a great place to work with good benefits. The majority of the department managers I've worked under are fair and easy… Cons: Base salary for sales associates is very low, beginning at minimum wage with just $0.25 raises each year. Commissioned jobs are better, but still… Advice to Senior Management: Do not rate sales associates only on their sales goals. The ones that are on top with sales goals are often also the slackers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I liked that i could make my own schedule

Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros: I can make my own schedule. I could work in any department. we got paid… Cons: competitive, other sales associates took their 2% commission way to serious and would definitely treat you badly in order to get a sale. Managers push… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macy's CEO Terry J. Lundgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees.