Macy's

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Great People-Great Business

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Muncie, IN
Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Macy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly people-great customer service
Great Discount
Many hours available-easy management to deal with
Easy Application/interview process
Enjoy working hard

Cons

Long hours
Required to work ten hours for Black Friday- no exceptions
Some areas are based on commission- makeup, fragrance, women's shoes

All management I dealt with has been extremely friendly, keep up the high standards for your company and employees

5288 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Poor hours, poor opportunities for advancement, and poor benefits at Macy's.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Macy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Macy's is a charitable company, which is something I can certainly admire. Also, managers tend to be more laid back, and I found the managers were less likely to micromanage their employees than any other company I've ever worked for.

Cons

The hours are very poor for most employees. There's a lot of on-call employees who are lucky to get any hours at all, and even as a part-time manager I struggled to get hours. I got as little as 14 hours a week... as a manager! Macy's also doesn't offer insurance to it's on-call and part-time employees, which make up the majority of their workforce. Additionally, opportunities for growth and advancement are poor.

The on-call hours don't work for most employees. People only take those on-call jobs because it's the best they can hope for in our hopeless economy. But it sucks when managers know they have good employees, and yet can't offer them the hours they need to survive and pay their bills. I was a top performer at Macy's but I never felt like I was cared for. I want to feel like I'm important as a person, including who I am outside of work. I didn't feel that way at Macy's, and therefore, you lost me to one of your competitors. Macy's needs to spend more time treating their employees right and gaining their loyalty.

Great work environment

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Vista, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I had the opportunity too work here for six months before I had to leave for prior obligations. I enjoyed working here great working environment.

Cons

Some times upper management was not clear about what they wanted too get done in a timely manner.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's